Go Back   Web Design & SEO Company > Knowledgebase

Knowledgebase Articles and information about running a website, cPanel and various hints and tips. Here you will find tutorials on php, MySql, .htaccess, cron, SEO, Search Engines, CHMOD, FTP, CSS, HTML and various other hints and tips on running and Administrating a website.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Administrator

Default PRStorm - Why Do People Bother?

PRStorm for those who don't know is a referrer spam tool, what it does is simulate a click from your site to the targets site in attempt to show up in the targets log files. Then when the logs are published, Google indexes them and it creates a backlink to the PRStorm users site.

This is what it looks like:

However some "Genius" has compiled a list of URL's to spam with PRStorm, and you guessed it Taree Internet is on it. Why when i don't publish log files?

The answer is simple, the moron who gathered the list simply typed "Awstats" in to a SERP Scraper to harvest the URL's and i happened to rank highly for the term Awstats. The funny thing is, nearly every major web hosting provider on the planet is on the list because many publish Awstats usage tutorials yet many morons don't look and load up this list then wind up spamming their own host.

So, i have upped the ante!

Not only does PRStorm obtain worthless backlinks, with no anchor text and run the risk of penalizing your site and getting your hosting banned there is now something else to contend with.

Considering my site gets hit tens of thousands of times per day, i think it fair i do the same. My URL that gets hit is 404, i deleted the page long ago and it's not indexed so the only traffic hitting it is referrer spam from morons running this worthless PRStorm list.

I built a tool that detects a hit from a referrer spammer, it then fetches the spammers page with Curl and grabs the Adsense, Adbrite.com, CJ.com, ClickBank.com Ads and a whole host of other affiliate advertising platforms using pattern matching and it will pound the affiliate link or ad with 5,000 hits resulting in the referrer spammer being banned for click fraud.

Now before i send it live, i realize it's a pretty nasty thing to do however the sheer volume of referrer spam i get daily is bordering on a DDOS attack.

So PRStorm users what do you think, fair or not speak up all i'm doing is pounding you with hits exactly like you are doing to me.

Also i just want to add, i am NOT against any kind of Black Hat methods for generating links, revenue, content etc what so ever and i have experimented with everything under the sun myself. What i AM against is brain dead morons who lack the common sense to open a simple .txt file to see what freaking sites they are about to spam before doing so.

If you lack the intelligence to say "Wow this PRStorm list only has major Web Hosting providers, Google, Yahoo, MSN and will get me NO backlinks but likely ban me from the search engines ad get my hosting terminated" then seriously Go Here, fill out an application then unplug the internet.
Top SEO Tool
Harvester and Mass Blog Commenter
Blog Comment Software

Old 05-09-2009, 02:17 AM

I wondered how they spam my referrer list. Almost every of my site is getting at least 50 referrers spam monthly. I dont publish any of my log data so it is very strange that they keep going it.

However clicking on their sites ads 8k times is maybe too much radical method
Old 05-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellas View Post
I wondered how they spam my referrer list. Almost every of my site is getting at least 50 referrers spam monthly. I dont publish any of my log data so it is very strange that they keep going it.
50 spam referrers per month is "excellent" i usually get 50 per minute and i have never published logs either. The problem is some retard done a search for "Awstats" to harvest a list, and it contains 1,000 sites that don't have any logs published they simply ranked on Google for the keyword.

People are too dumb to realize, and spam the list despite it containing sites like Google.com, Yahoo.com, MSN.com and all the major web hosts due to them simply publishing Awstats guides and ranking for the keyword.

It's pretty funny, so called "Black Hats" are referrer spamming Google for backlinks and wondering why their sites are de-indexed and their Adsense accounts shut down.

Quote:
However clicking on their sites ads 8k times is maybe too much radical method
HAHA yeah it is, but that's cool when i check the thousands of sites that hit me with PRStorm i find the vast majority of them wind up totally de-indexed soon after anyhow. So they are doing a great job of banning themselves from the engines and advertisers/affiliate companies like Adsense, Ebay etc it's just a matter of time.
Top SEO Tool
Harvester and Mass Blog Commenter
Blog Comment Software

Tools