Go Back   Web Design & SEO Company > Knowledgebase

Knowledgebase Articles and information about running a website, cPanel and various hints and tips. Here you will find tutorials on php, MySql, .htaccess, cron, SEO, Search Engines, CHMOD, FTP, CSS, HTML and various other hints and tips on running and Administrating a website.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellas View Post
It was very strange that my entry did not gained rank. It looks everbody did. But as for my concern I am sattisfied.
Hey Hellas, i was actually just over at your site and checking out the rankings for sulumits retsambew seeing how things were progressing.

Yes i think you not getting Pagerank this update was really unfair, going by your backlinks (You have a bunch of PR5/4/3 links) you really should of got PR4 at least and possibly even PR5.

For my page i'm not surprised it has PR5 because i have a link to it on the forum home page which is PR6. I have a bunch of PR5 threads, for example even Page #11 of this thread is PR5 and it's a really deep one and has no homepage links to it or anything.

So no Pagerank means nothing really. The anchor text in the links and page content is much more important, for example Google is PR10 but the homepage doesn't rank for much at all.. Even for "Search Engine" it's down in #7 and for "Search" it's in #12.

I noticed not many of the new domains created especially for the comp went above PR2. Doesn't matter mate you don't need PR to win, and i think you will win this your domain has a lot of authority for the term.

I could go out and get a ton of links for this page and push it up, but i'm having more fun just watching the comp and the algo.. I'm not even entered, i just made this to see what would happen with no real promotion.

Google finally picked up my images, i'm in #3 for sulumits retsambew and Amigo at SEO Ibiza has topped me and is in #2

Also i noticed firetown.com is doing really well considering he doesn't have a keyword domain and his Page Title and URL structure isn't the best. I hope he does well also and gets a place, i read he's donating the winnings to charity.

There is still a long way to go, but my early prediction is:
  1. sulumitsretsambew.org
  2. sulumitsretsambewno.com
  3. firetown.com
Old 05-31-2009, 07:40 PM

I'm sure Mike (aka Firetown) will be pleased to hear that, sweetfunny.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Schulz View Post
I'm sure Mike (aka Firetown) will be pleased to hear that, sweetfunny.
Do you know the owner? If so small world, i don't know him i took a look at the top sites and read his was donating his prizemoney to charity. Ironically it's what i mentioned when i made this thread:

Quote:
If the galaxies collide and i do rank numero uno for sulumits retsambew and you really want to give me the money, pick out a good charity (preferably to do with kids) and give it to them.
I didn't want to officially enter, because i'd feel obliged to dedicate a lot time in order to win for the charity and that's something i can't guarantee months in advance especially with so much happening offline. Over here, the Fire Department doesn't get people out of car accidents like the US it's done by Volunteer Rescue, that's what i've done for several years.

So Mike is fully deserving of the $1,000 win or no win, but Hellas domain is pretty strong and it will be fairly tuff to beat. There's prizemoney for 2nd and 3rd so there's still a chance.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:33 AM
Administrator

Holy smokes, no idea what Google has done but it seems Mike's Firetown.com has been tossed clean out of the top #50. I just tunneled through servers in:

California
North Carolina
Chicago
Texas

And searching Google for sulumits retsambew from all those locations he's nowhere to be found. Very odd indeed, Hella's is a solid #1 from all locations and TareeInternet.com ranges from #13 to #19.

Interesting.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:07 AM

thanks, let's go to be a contestant it ...
Old 06-04-2009, 07:23 AM

Default Sulumits Retsambew, Tel-Aviv Israel

here is my site Sulumits Retsambew, Tel-Aviv Israel, pretty cool and new site, lets see to which SERP I will get to
Old 06-04-2009, 11:39 AM

Firetown looks like a good guy

If I win I am not donating anything, I have my reasons, but it will be much easier for me to help someone when I better secure my future

Hope he will get number 3 at least.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Taree VIP

Gday all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Yes i think you not getting Pagerank this update was really unfair, going by your backlinks (You have a bunch of PR5/4/3 links) you really should of got PR4 at least and possibly even PR5.
our post went PR3 but its been linked up from a couple of powerful places internally so kind of expected that. but yes you're right, Toolbar PR is little more than a vague smokescreen these days, there's plenty of real PR flowing in Hellas entry for sure.

Quote:
Google finally picked up my images, i'm in #3 for sulumits retsambew and Amigo at SEO Ibiza has topped me and is in #2
not today, dropped back to #5. and lol at the site that's pushed us down to #2 here - really gone to town with the onsite work

sulumits retsambew (pages from the UK)

otherwise still fairly static.

Last edited by SEO ibiza; 06-06-2009 at 08:09 AM.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:01 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEO ibiza View Post
Gday all

our post went PR3 but its been linked up from a couple of powerful places internally so kind of expected that. but yes you're right, Toolbar PR is little more than a vague smokescreen these days, there's plenty of real PR flowing in Hellas entry for sure.
It "should" go up higher next update, did you get my comment on your blog about the Dofollow?

Quote:
not today, dropped back to #5. and lol at the site that's pushed us down to #2 here - really gone to town with the onsite work

sulumits retsambew (pages from the UK)

otherwise still fairly static.
The geo-targeting is working excellent on your domain, how much has US and other traffic dropped off?

Checking the results from the US, the top #20 has jumped around quite a lot plus the Google Images results have changed a bit also. I have not had much of a chance to check things out properly, trying to reformat my PC so i've been out of action for 24 hours.. Freaking driver headaches!

This time i'm smart, i am making an Acronis disk image once i've got all the drivers done, Office installed and all the other essential programs so i can roll back to it.

Did i mention sulumits retsambew?
Old 06-07-2009, 10:48 AM
Taree VIP

Quote:
did you get my comment on your blog about the Dofollow?

The geo-targeting is working excellent on your domain, how much has US and other traffic dropped off?
Amigo no didnt get any comments? checked in spambin too, nothing there? wierd. what did it say?

rankings falling slowly on .com erratically, but traffic not really changing noticeably.

Quote:
Checking the results from the US, the top #20 has jumped around quite a lot plus the Google Images results have changed a bit also. I have not had much of a chance to check things out properly, trying to reformat my PC so i've been out of action for 24 hours.. Freaking driver headaches!

This time i'm smart, i am making an Acronis disk image once i've got all the drivers done, Office installed and all the other essential programs so i can roll back to it.
smart move. vista problems?

and not sure but I'll say it anyway "sulumits retsambew"
Harvester and Mass Blog Commenter
Blog Comment Software

SEO - Top

Web Design & SEO Forums