Go Back   Web Design & SEO Company > Knowledgebase

Knowledgebase Articles and information about running a website, cPanel and various hints and tips. Here you will find tutorials on php, MySql, .htaccess, cron, SEO, Search Engines, CHMOD, FTP, CSS, HTML and various other hints and tips on running and Administrating a website.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Default Missing Link Found

Yes presenting the Missing Link Found and it's been named "Ida" by researchers.

Picture of The Missing Link:

The search for a direct connection between humans and the rest of the animal kingdom has taken almost 200 years. However today it was presented to the world during a special news conference in New York.

The discovery of the nearly 100% intact Lemur Monkey which has been dubbed Ida is described by experts as the "eighth wonder of the natural world". In other words, the missing link is found and this is probably the most notable out of all the wonders of the world.

They say it's impact on the world of paleontology will be "somewhat like an asteroid falling down to Earth" in other words... This is BIG!

Researchers say proof of this transitional species finally confirms Charles Darwin's theory of evolution, and the then radical, outlandish ideas he came up with.

Sources say the owner had no idea of the unique fossil's significance and just admired it like a cherished Van Gogh or Picasso painting thinking it just looked cool.

But in 2006, Ida came into the hands of private dealer named Thomas Perner, who presented Ida to Prof Hurum at the annual Hamburg Fossil and Mineral Fair in Germany and he knew she should be saved for science rather than end up hidden from the world in a wealthy private collector's vault.

Google today sports a logo signifying the Missing Link Found...

Note: No this has nothing to do with SEO, Web Sites etc i'm running a test with Google.
Top SEO Tool
Harvester and Mass Blog Commenter
Blog Comment Software

Old 05-20-2009, 07:22 PM

Lolz, trying your luck on todays google logo traffic?

It's gonna be a tough one, so many authoritative sites appear for this keyword.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:30 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnS0N View Post
Lolz, trying your luck on todays google logo traffic?

It's gonna be a tough one, so many authoritative sites appear for this keyword.
Not exactly, well the logo did spur on my decision to run this test because it would of been the hottest search term on the net due to everyone clicking it. However the goal wasn't to rank for it and get traffic, i would of had no hope anyway with places like BBC, Washington Post etc publishing it.

I was testing a few things to do with site theme, query deserves freshness, social media etc.

I did work out a few interesting things, the logo has just been removed but what i'm doing is not finished yet i'm still collecting data.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:14 PM

A little of topic: Do you believe in QDD (query deserves diversity)? For example there's an article about "green widget". Everyone on the first page of google says that this green widget is cool. But there comes another user who says the widget is not cool. Google automatically gives much strength to this article, because of this diversity factor.

Have you possibly tested any such claims?
Old 05-22-2009, 05:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnS0N View Post
A little of topic: Do you believe in QDD (query deserves diversity)?
Yes for sure, with the English language common words can have multiple meanings and an engine can't interpret what version your mean.. So gives diversified results to cater to the masses. You can see this with the special segmented search results for different queries. I have struck these numerous times, i just can't think of any that trigger it at the moment but i'll edit this when i do.

Quote:
For example there's an article about "green widget". Everyone on the first page of google says that this green widget is cool. But there comes another user who says the widget is not cool. Google automatically gives much strength to this article, because of this diversity factor.

Have you possibly tested any such claims?
I have tested QDD but i haven't been able to confirm it's happening on a level as granular as your example, with positive/negative comments on the same green widget. I guess the problem is trying to interpret language and context, for instance take these phrases:

Quote:
It's not too bad to use Vs It's too bad to use
I love it Vs I used to love it
The other widgets are crap Vs The widgets features are crap
Positive and negative keywords can be used in both good and bad reviews, so it's really hard for a machine to gauge the context by assigning different scores to keywords.

But if the widgets are completely different products, that's a different story. A good example off the top of my head is searching "Chrome". On the first page there's two Wiki entries, one for Chrome the Browser and one with links to Chrome the Element and other types of Chrome.

Also we have ranking:

#8 Chromebagsstore.com - which sells bags with only 582 backlinks
#9 Chrome.com - Chrome parts site with 200k backlinks
#12 Staticwhitesound.com - Music/band website with 1,200 backlinks
#13 Chrome.org - Education site with 154 backlinks
#17 Chromedigital.com - Digital Imaging site with 1,000 backlinks
#20 Chromeimaging.com - Printing/Imaging site with 347 backlinks

QDD seems to be in full effect here, because there's URL's back in the #20-#50 range about the Chrome Browser who's root domain has up to 200 Million backlinks like Amazon.com, TechChrunch.com, Google.co.uk. Also there's actual PR7 pages about the browser who "should" wipe the floor with some of the top #20 only having backlinks in the 100, 300, 500 range.

So yes, it's happening with queries that have completely different meanings but i have not seen it being applied on a level as granular as positive/negative reviews on exactly the same "widget".
Old 06-21-2009, 08:09 AM

Really wonderful pictures . . .
Old 06-26-2009, 07:01 AM
Banned

Nice picture and article too.
Please share us just like same useful and informative post.
Thanks
Top SEO Tool
Harvester and Mass Blog Commenter
Blog Comment Software

Tools