Go Back   Web Design & SEO Company > Knowledgebase

Knowledgebase Articles and information about running a website, cPanel and various hints and tips. Here you will find tutorials on php, MySql, .htaccess, cron, SEO, Search Engines, CHMOD, FTP, CSS, HTML and various other hints and tips on running and Administrating a website.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:57 PM
Taree VIP

hola. youre back

lol I test everything on my site first too, it's working pretty well, but the work just keeps coming via referrals so if we bombed it, it wouldn't matter much. just give us the chance to reverse back out of another filter

so I deactivated the plugin we were running on the blog yesterday that implemented the deep PR push, and as the blogs dofollow for operational reasons anyway comment nofollows have never been an issue.

(spam neither funnily enough, no more than most blogs dofollow or not)

but it's too soon to know anything. the static site Im leaving the same until we see what happens.

what did you do here?

Last edited by SEO ibiza; 06-26-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEO ibiza View Post
what did you do here?
When you are logged in you won't notice any difference. However for logged out users (aka Googlebot) i threw a heap of links/code in the bin. From memory in threads there's now just 3 Nofollow links in the design and one on each username link.

Then on the category pages, there's 2 in the design and one on each username link. Then the forum homepage, there's 3 in the design and one on each username link.

Before there was i think about 10 in the design on each page, plus however many username links on each page. So i've trimmed out a fairly decent number of nofollow's on every page, i could go lower (even eliminate them completely) but it will start to impact usability so i will leave it at that for now. I'm not really concerned about any ranking gains, it's just one of many ongoing tests to see what happens if i poke it with a stick.

A part of me thinks Matt is blowing smoke a little and there's more to this Nofollow implementation than he can let on.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:29 PM
Administrator

Here's a small sample of what i changed:

As you can see the top version has 6 nofollow links, plus the three arrows which drop down other links like Threaded and Hybrid views, Print Versions etc which were all Nofollow.

The bottom version is now what Google sees, zero links. I figure if people want to sort the posts by Rating, Views, Replies or see the threads in other ways like Threaded views they can register to gain those options. So just those few square inches killed about a dozen Nofollow's without really hurting usability.

There was a ton of other places i took an axe to the code, but that's just an example of what i done.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:03 PM
Taree VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post

A part of me thinks Matt is blowing smoke a little and there's more to this Nofollow implementation than he can let on.
seems theres some people think that might be possible

Evaporating PR & PageRank Sculpting

so with regards to the changes, removing links makes the remaining links offpage stronger and hence the pages being linked to stronger, so chopping them out nofollow or not is probably going to help anyway no?

Im thinking I might actually just remove every link that was nofollowed on the static site, but leave the text identical on the site to see what happens.

if nothing changes.. well.. hmm..
Old 07-01-2009, 12:43 PM
Taree VIP

Amigo.

what do you see here, 2 different results like I do, depending on whether the "seo" is capitalized or not?

google.com/search?q=superior++seo&pws=0

google.com/search?q=superior+SEO&pws=0

almost seem to have no real idea what others are seeing in far off serps these days..

edit
serp aligned the next day

Last edited by SEO ibiza; 07-03-2009 at 05:53 PM. Reason: serp changes
Old 09-14-2009, 06:12 AM
Banned

Hi,

SEO Web Design is the process of designing SEO into a site’s structure, and is fundamental to superior SERP performance. The art is to start with the pormance required and reverse-engineer the necessary SEO into the website.superior SEO web design should have considered and implemented the principles.keyword research at concept stage,correct site structure / scalability,correct link weighting nav and content.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:12 PM

Default Seo

Relevant keywords & relevant site are the main things in which we should focus on it.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:48 AM
Taree VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruselrones View Post
Hi,

SEO Web Design is the process of designing SEO into a site’s structure, and is fundamental to superior SERP performance. The art is to start with the pormance required and reverse-engineer the necessary SEO into the website.
hmm. that looks a bit similar to this? from here - http://superior-seo.us/ ?
Quote:
Superior SEO Web Design

SEO Web Design is the process of designing SEO into a site’s structure, and is fundamental to superior SERP performance. The art is to start with the performance / results required and reverse-engineer the necessary SEO into the website.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruselrones View Post
superior SEO web design should have considered and implemented the principles.keyword research at concept stage,correct site structure / scalability,correct link weighting nav and content.
and this from this ? from here? http://superior-seo.us/web-design/
Quote:
A superior SEO web design should have considered and implemented the following principles:
  • keyword research at concept stage.
  • domain name choice, / directory / filenames (stemming & theming)
  • correct site structure / architecture / scalability
  • correct link weighting nav and content
but thanks for your input anyway

Last edited by SEO ibiza; 10-19-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEO ibiza View Post
hmm. that looks a bit similar to this? from here - http://superior-seo.us/ ?
Indeed, and it also appears "ruselrones" tripped over the ban button on the way out the door, which in turn knocked his spammy "Nintendo" signature out of his top pocket.

Tragic turn of events really, i hope he gets well soon.
Top SEO Tool
Harvester and Mass Blog Commenter
Blog Comment Software

Tools