Go Back   Web Design & SEO Company > SEO

SEO Search Engine Optimization, this section lists articles and tutorials on Search Engine Optimization for various Search Engines including Google, Yahoo & MSN. We provide SEO hints, tips and other free goodies to help you optimize your site and to start ranking well in the Search Engines.

Old 01-04-2009, 04:46 PM

Default Automatic Directory Submission is a Waste of Time

Hello,
Do you think Automatic Directory Submission is a Waste of Time?
I paid for a few times on directory submission guys. They said they 'd use manual submission method but I think they used automatic software to submit to about 500 directories. Their work was done fast.
After about 3 weeks of submission, my site got indexed on google for some keywords. However, these keywords were not indexed after few weeks later and even got worse than before submission.
My question is "does it hurt my site ranking if we submitted too many directories in a short time?"
Is automatic directory submission waste of time?
Thanks very much for reading.
Top SEO Tool
Harvester and Mass Blog Commenter
Blog Comment Software

Old 01-05-2009, 08:48 AM

I have never used any tool or software for directory submission.

it's good to submit site in directories manually.
manually directory submission is more effective than automated submission, even there are lots of chances for google penalty using directory submission from software or tool.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:26 PM

If you are talking about the guys that do a 1000 directory Submission for $20 then yes 99% automated all they do is copy and paste your data into their software pick the category and click run

Now if you have a directory website how many of these would you like hitting your site a day? Would you clean up the mess and put the submission into the correct category for your directory? Or think one more spam site and just delete it?

So make a good site and do manual submissions to good free directories have a links page to back link them and to finish off add a bookmark from a shuttle site to the directory listing
Old 03-05-2009, 10:13 AM

Talking Manual Directory Submission

I agree. I would stay away from automatic directory submission methods.
Either semi-automatic or manual directory submissions services should be used as they have to select an appropriate and most deep category for your site for every site they submit to.

Ensure you don't solely rely on one link building method like directory submission, but incorporate social bookmarking, forums, blogs and hard yakka link building with authoritive sites that are of the same niche as yours, as part of your overall link building strategy.

Search Engine and Directory Submissions
Top SEO Tool
Harvester and Mass Blog Commenter
Blog Comment Software

Tools