Go Back   Web Design & SEO Company > SEO

SEO Search Engine Optimization, this section lists articles and tutorials on Search Engine Optimization for various Search Engines including Google, Yahoo & MSN. We provide SEO hints, tips and other free goodies to help you optimize your site and to start ranking well in the Search Engines.

Old 04-27-2007, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Default Pagerank Update History

Pagerank Update History List (scroll down for historical data)

Pagerank Update 29th April 2008

Google has just updated Pagerank again, it should be exported to your toolbar by the time you read this. This time around it seems Google has been quite generous with serving up the PR as most sites are reporting an increase and very few sites have dropped.

Pagerank Update 28th February 2008

It appears a number of sites are currently undergoing a PR update.

There's also a lot of flux within the datacenters, a lot are displaying as OFF and most are still showing old values plus a lot of PR tools are acting up again.

However, one IP that seems to be working well again this update is 72.14.255.17 which is showing the updates values. You can place this IP on your Windows HOSTS file by following our guide if you want to browse the web and have the new values displayed in your Google Toolbar.

Confirmed Pagerank Update October 27TH 2007

Ok looks like Pagerank is updating for real as wel speak. There's new increased values showing on the following DC's:

You can use the tool over at http://www.digpagerank.com to verify. Best of luck and i hope everyone recieves the Pagerank they were hoping for.

Update: October 8th 2007

Alot of people have been concerned their PR has dropped by 1 PR value, and i can confirm it's currently happening to alot of sites.. Not just the authorative PR8-10 sites i mentioned on the 30th September.

Really i wouldn't be concerned about this, and it's unlikely it will stay permanent as your final value. Sites that i have checked with a Pagerank drop of -PR1, have not lost backlinks or done anything wrong that would cause it so it just seems a recalibration on the Pagerank Score.

I recall Google doing this in the past, so just sit tight and no doubt you will recieve a different Pagerank with the real "update" starts.

Update: October 2nd 2007

Ok, the first week of October isn't up yet but i may have to admit defeat early. All things pointed towards an export this week, however it appears either 2 things are happening. First Google is having major problems with the data and exporting it, or secondly they are making some drastic changes to the way Pagerank is calculated namely detecting and devaluing paid links.

Possibly both the above reasons, ( i know i said 2 but hey) is why the Pagerank Update is so delayed. Exporting wildly incorrect values would look pretty sloppy from Google, so it's understandable they get it right.

Anyhow, the source aka Matt Cutts just commented on his blog "I donít expect a full PageRank update for at least a few more weeks, and possibly longer."

His comment can be found here: http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/still-...comment-113755

Sorry there's not better news regarding the October Pagerank Update... Or should i call it the September Pagerank Update?

Update: September 30th 2007

Ok there have been "some" changes in PR values just being reported, not on a widespread scale but mainly on a select group of high PR sites. We have:
  • phpbb.com - Was PR9 now PR8
  • statcounter.com - Was PR9 now PR8
  • archive.org - Was PR9 now PR8
  • msn.com - Was PR9 now PR8
  • apple.com - Was PR10 now PR9
  • johnchow.com - Was PR6 now PR5
It seems like they are possibly testing some paid link dampening factors.

phpbb.com and statcounter.com have alot of links that could be seen as paid. phpbb with their sitewide footer link and duplicate anchor text, and Statcounter with their 1x1 image links.

On the other hand Archive, Apple & MSN are not likely to have paid links plus have a natural link profile. So this bunch of sites would provide a good cross section.

Also John Chow if you are unaware of who he is, basically he is a somewhat famous Blogger who ranked for "Make Money Online" and openly sold links on his site. A few weeks back Google hit him with a penalty, and not only did he loose his rankings for "Make Money Online" he also didn't even rank for a search of his own name "John Chow" and still doesn't.

So.. Interesting cross section of sites Google seems to have chosen. Anyhow, i'm still sticking by my prediction of the first week in October 2007. Which means from now (It's PM Sep 30th here) over the next 7 days.

Lets hope i'm right.

Update: September 16th 2007

Just an update on the PR update to say there is no update.. Well not yet anyway now sitting at 140 days.

Sorry i havn't got some better news for those who are waiting, however i thought i would add this just to let people know i'm still on the ball actively monitoring for any changes and will post here as soon as something occurs.

I'm on all the major Webmaster forums daily, and any PR updates get reported immediately which i'll post here. So if your not active at these places, bookmark this page and check back if you want to know when it starts and what datacenters to check.

Again, sorry there's no better news but i'm still sticking to my prediction of the first week of October based on crawl rates.

Update: September 8th 2007

Ok this just in from the horses mouth so to speak, that being Matt Cutts an employee of Google's Web Spam team for the few people who have no idea who Matt Cutts is. He stated yesterday on DigitalPoint:

"As far as the toolbar PageRank, I definitely wouldn't expect to see it in the next few days. Probably not even in the next couple weeks, if I had to guess."

So there you have it, the Pagerank update has not occured yet and we are looking at "probably" early October 2007 before the public export occurs.

No doubt there was corrupt data and they need to do another deep crawl, as this normally occurs for 2-3 weeks and then about a week after the deep crawl ceases they export the data set. So the whole cycle generally takes about a month.

If this data failure was simply a cause of bad data or an algo tweak to control the passing of Pagerank from paid links is anyones guess.

Either way Google had problems although they arn't going to admit it, they executed the initial deep crawl, the Pagerank update process started and just stopped "mid-flight" when everything was on track to take place.

So the numbers coincide with what Matt is saying. I'm certainly seeing much deeper crawls in the logs at present, in the 7 days of this month (September 2007) Google has consumed more data and has executed more page hits then the entire 4 weeks of August 2007.

Tare Internet is a Good indicator of Googlebot activity, because i don't add "that" many pages like a blog does, nor have i obtained any massive backlink increase in the last month so GoogleBot activity is generally consistent. There isn't any major differences in the site this past week compared to August that would warrant such activity... Besides a deep crawl.

I'm logging the hits/bandwidth per day from GoogleBot as i normally do, so i'll post up when it starts to trickle back to normal which "generally" means around 10 days and the export will occur.

Considering i've monitored every public PageRank update that's ever occured, i'll go out on a limb here and say the first week of October 2007 we should see the export. The snapshot appears it's being taken as we speak with the crawls activity at present.

So yes it's a record, last public export was 29th April 2007 and up to today we are at 132 days beating the previous 122 duration from October 2005 to February 2006.

Regarding the August 2007 Pagerank Update

Written: August 17th 2007:

Going on Google's trends, the most recent PageRank update was predicted to occur towards the end of July 2007 or beginning of August 2007. However as of today August 17th, there has been webmasters reporting PageRank changes only on "some" websites however no complete PageRank export yet.

Note, yesterday i posted up a supposed "Press Release" from within Google however it now appears it was some idiots idea of a joke or link bait. As such i've removed it so as not to contribute further to publishing false info as anything posted on Taree Internet gets indexed and ranks high on Google pretty quickly.

So anyone looking for updated information regarding the August Pagerank Update, as of today 17th August, the update is at a stand still. A few pages have updated and are showing new PR values which is confirmed, and alot of URL's have moved from the "Gray PR" to a "White PR" or rather PR0.

It's strongly suggested these pages now showing PR0 are candidates to receive PageRank when the export continues. URL's still Gray, possibly won't receive PR and wern't included in the snapshot. Unless of course Google does another snapshot due to the delays, as we know anything is possible with Google.

Looking at Matt Cutts Blog, everything after July 5th is still Gray and everything before that date is White PR. Due to the strength of his site and the fact it gets indexed so rapidly, it's safe to "assume" this is the current snapshot date.

Another note, the longest period between updates was 122 days between 19th October 2005 and 18th February 2006. As it stands now, from 29th April 2007 until today August 17th 2007 it's been 110 days.

Are we in for a record?

PageRank Update History:

April 29, 2008 - 61 days
February 28, 2008 - 47 days
January 12, 2008 - 74 days
October 28, 2007 - 181 days (longest duration recorded)
April 29, 2007 - 116 days
January 9, 2007 - 103 days
September 28, 2006 - 76 days
July 13, 2006 - 100 days
April 4, 2006 - 45 days
February 18, 2006 - 122 days
October 19, 2005 - 97 days
July 14, 2005 - 83 days
April 22, 2005 - 111 days
January 1, 2005 - 87 days
October 6, 2004 -106 days
June 22, 2004 - 22 days
May 31, 2004 - 38 days
April 23, 2004 - 16 days
April 7, 2004 - 22 days
March 16, 2004 - 50 days
January 26, 2004 - 15 days
December 23, 2003 - 17 days
December 6, 2003 - 20 days
November 16, 2003 - 21 days
October 26, 2003 - 35 days
September 21, 2003 - 23 days
August 29, 2003 - 21 days
August 8, 2003 - 54 days
June 15, 2003 - 40 days
May 6, 2003 - 25 days
April 11, 2003 - 36 days
March 6, 2003 - 41 days
January 25, 2003 - 24 days
January 1, 2003
Top SEO Tool
Harvester and Mass Blog Commenter
Blog Comment Software

Old 10-11-2007, 03:53 PM
akshay

Default PageRank Updates....

i have seen changes in my PR and its is true to say that the google system is now updating, at http://www.googlebugs.com there are results and stats that show this has happened.

thanks

aks
Old 10-26-2007, 06:20 AM

Default Any Algo on the PR?

I am very curious on the algo for page rank
Old 11-28-2007, 08:01 AM

Default page rank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link1CPA View Post
I am very curious on the algo for page rank

To increase the page rank u can follow the following critaria:

1>You should have good PR Back link.
2>site should be informative and user friendly.
3>site should have site map.
Top SEO Tool
Harvester and Mass Blog Commenter
Blog Comment Software

Tools