Go Back   Web Design & SEO Company > SEO

SEO Search Engine Optimization, this section lists articles and tutorials on Search Engine Optimization for various Search Engines including Google, Yahoo & MSN. We provide SEO hints, tips and other free goodies to help you optimize your site and to start ranking well in the Search Engines.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:29 PM

Default A Wordpress/SEO/Google Problem - maybe you can help?

Google is not displaying my Blog title correctly and my Tagline NOT at all.

And it's been months. (Search www.jobsearching.co.za in Google and see what happens). Here's my set up:

URL - www.jobsearching.co.za
Have a static page at www.jobsearching.co.za/
Blog address is www.jobsearching.co.za/gerards-blog
Have "All in One SEO" installed and set up correctly

Added to this Google seems to ignore my site altogether - for eg if I search for my name "gerard le roux" my site is nowhere - but other sites I have, much smaller, less content, etc come up.

I use "All in One SEO" on every page, with keywords, page description, etc. Not sure why being ignored. And it's been a long time.
Maybe you have some insights? Much appreciated.
Top SEO Tool
Harvester and Mass Blog Commenter
Blog Comment Software

Old 02-03-2009, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Google probs

Hello gerardleroux.
I just gone through your site. There is no problem with what happens when i search for your site on the google. Its displaying the title which is in your source page. Ie.. , the title u gave when you are developing your site. Open your site and press CTRL + U to view your source page and find the title in it. You will get as The Job search clinic not the All in One SEO

Old 02-04-2009, 05:41 AM

Default Thanks Jamesfoster - what's next?

Hi Jamesfoster! Thanks for your input. Did what you said re source code for the www.jobsearching.co.za page. Would there be a reason however why All in One SEO Pack plugin isn't doing it's job?

Thanks again for input.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:53 PM

Default Page title

Hello gerardleroux
While searching Google displays the title which is present in the source page. Even thought you are promoting you site through the title "All in One SEO Pack" it displays the same title.. The backlinks that are created while you are promoting you site will have this Title ("All in One SEO Pack").
Top SEO Tool
Harvester and Mass Blog Commenter
Blog Comment Software

Tools