Go Back   Web Design & SEO Company > SEO

SEO Search Engine Optimization, this section lists articles and tutorials on Search Engine Optimization for various Search Engines including Google, Yahoo & MSN. We provide SEO hints, tips and other free goodies to help you optimize your site and to start ranking well in the Search Engines.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:29 AM

Default Pls Help

One of my site www.mylalkitabupay.org displaying PR4, but the homepage not cached in google, Pls tell me why is it. Is it possible.
Top SEO Tool
Harvester and Mass Blog Commenter
Blog Comment Software

Old 02-11-2009, 07:29 PM

Default Google search

Hello smarterdeals
Its nothing that if your site has Page Rank of 4 that should be caught in google. Google sees many parameters while searching. Can i know the word you are using while searching in google. keywords plays a mojor role for knowing it. You have to do seo of your site for getting good positions, Since your PR is 4 you can easily cought in searches..
Old 02-12-2009, 04:10 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarterdeals View Post
One of my site www.mylalkitabupay.org displaying PR4, but the homepage not cached in google, Pls tell me why is it. Is it possible.
In your robots.txt file you are blocking all search engines from your site:

http://www.mylalkitabupay.org/robots.txt

Code:
User-agent:*
Disallow:/
The User-agent:* is telling "all" bots, they are Disallowed from / which is your main index page and all pages below that. So if you want to give all spiders unrestricted access to your pages, you can just delete your robots.txt file completely it's in the /public_html/ directory with your index.php

These can be frustrating to detect, that's why i always check robots.txt first before even looking at code. Time taken to diagnose = 2 seconds.

Give it a week, and your pages will start popping up in Google.

Oh yeah, i would remove this line out of all your pages head section:

Code:
<meta name="revisit-after" content="2 days">
You don't want to tell Search Engines to go away and not come back for 2 Days, you want them to come back as much as they want.

Good luck.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by princecharles12 View Post
ya u can add url here www.google.com/submit_content.html
then your site Google index
That will not work, he/she can get a text link on Google's home page and still won't be indexed.

Robots.txt is blocking all search engines, that is the problem.
Top SEO Tool
Harvester and Mass Blog Commenter
Blog Comment Software

SEO - Top

Web Design & SEO Forums