Go Back   Web Design & SEO Company > SEO

SEO Search Engine Optimization, this section lists articles and tutorials on Search Engine Optimization for various Search Engines including Google, Yahoo & MSN. We provide SEO hints, tips and other free goodies to help you optimize your site and to start ranking well in the Search Engines.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:45 PM

Default My experience about good free directories And Bad Directories

Hello Forum Member:
After submitting on free directories. I have some experience on good free directories and bad directories that you should not submit your site to.
For example:
A free directory that has a name like ukbi.com or awsb.com, these such directories are not good and usually end less than a year or so.
A free directory that has a name like linkfree.com or submitdirectory.com, these are good directories that you can submit your site to.
I am not sure if my experience is right or not. I already submited to some bad directories like that, and they are gone after a few months. Our sites may be affected by SEO.
Thanks.
Top SEO Tool
Harvester and Mass Blog Commenter
Blog Comment Software

Old 04-08-2009, 03:31 PM

You might want to read this if you haven't done so already:

How I Do Directory Submissions (via websitepublisher.net)
Old 04-09-2009, 03:46 AM
Administrator

Jennypretty, can you give me a good reason why every post you have made here you have replicated on all the other major webmaster forums like Sitepoint, Daniweb, V7N, DigitalPoint etc?

Google Search

SitePoint thread for example: http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609351

If you don't answer this with a good reason, i will assume you're a bot spamming for signature links and i will be forced to ban your account.

Either way, not to clever spamming SEO's and especially when one poster in this thread is a SitePoint moderator. Can you guess who? Hint, it's not me.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:42 PM

Actually mass-submissions on these directories can be harmful and also directories on the same ip's will be no good (example Ientry INC).
Old 04-13-2009, 03:51 PM

Default How long will all the directories you submitted approve your link?

It's easy to submit your site to so many directories, the question is, how long will them approve your links, as I submitted to so many but got few links back from them, all of them are still pending....
Old 04-16-2009, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post

Either way, not to clever spamming SEO's and especially when one poster in this thread is a SitePoint moderator. Can you guess who? Hint, it's not me.
I can. What do I get?
Old 04-16-2009, 08:20 PM

To meet the SitePoint moderator at WordCamp Chicago on June 6th and 7th if you're interested.

Brad Williams (another SitePoint Advisor) will also be attending (in fact, he'll be speaking there).
Old 04-17-2009, 05:21 AM

I'd surely take a peek if I was in the states, unfortunately in this case I am from Europe.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:15 PM

I also tried to submit my site to some directories, but I'm really not sure if they are good or bad. I don't know where could I find sources that will determine if they are good or bad. It's so important to submit in a good directory rather than bad.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:12 PM

I'm always studying the directories before I post my link in it. Its still best to see how much traffic that directory is doing. YOu will always know if the directory is good if it is hard to get listed.

Last edited by phcarmaster; 05-02-2009 at 12:13 PM. Reason: add some words
Top SEO Tool
Harvester and Mass Blog Commenter
Blog Comment Software

Tools