Go Back   Web Design & SEO Company > SEO

SEO Search Engine Optimization, this section lists articles and tutorials on Search Engine Optimization for various Search Engines including Google, Yahoo & MSN. We provide SEO hints, tips and other free goodies to help you optimize your site and to start ranking well in the Search Engines.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:19 AM
Administrator

Default Odd Pagerank Update

I'll come back to this a bit later, i just noticed an odd Pagerank Update so thought i'd jot it down.

This thread Superior SEO Web Design was created 5 days ago and it's now Pagerank 5, yet this link in my sitewide navigation which has been PR5 for years is PR N/A.

There's numerous other oddities, such as the Browser Details page has also been PR5 ever since it existed now it's PR N/A but the even stranger thing is it links to a Comparison Tool i done up. The comparison tool is Pagerank 4 but it's only backlink is the PR N/A page.

If a page only has 1 PR N/A backlink but it receives PR4 it's no wonder us SEO's have long since taken it with a grain of salt, it's horribly inaccurate. How is it possible for a page to go PR4 with only 1 PR N/A backlink? This site still has the same amount of PR6, PR5, PR4 etc pages but it seems Google scattered them around in an order that makes no sense at all after todays update/shuffle/mistake.

Looks like someone at Google spilled coffee on the Pagerank update dashboard, after spilling it on the Webmaster Tools dashboard and showing completely wrong data.

I've been noticing shocking SERP's in some verticals also. I don't care about Pagerank, or even the wrong Webmaster Tools data but when i struggle to find decent search results that's problematic.
Top SEO Tool
Harvester and Mass Blog Commenter
Blog Comment Software

Old 06-24-2009, 10:15 AM

Yes. I've notice some of these changes. My keywords dropped it's SERP's just this monday and my blog's PR (PR0) suddenly boost up to PR3.
Top SEO Tool
Harvester and Mass Blog Commenter
Blog Comment Software

Tools