Go Back   Web Design & SEO Company > SEO

SEO Search Engine Optimization, this section lists articles and tutorials on Search Engine Optimization for various Search Engines including Google, Yahoo & MSN. We provide SEO hints, tips and other free goodies to help you optimize your site and to start ranking well in the Search Engines.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:42 PM

Default Articles Copied

Hello,

I found that one of the famous company coping articles from Ezine and then published it on their website.
They are publishing articles with modification. They are also adding their website links on author bio and articles content.
I want to know your opinion. What you think, please post your comment, itís right or wrong.
Top SEO Tool
Harvester and Mass Blog Commenter
Blog Comment Software

Old 07-14-2009, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankajdelhi View Post
Hello,

I found that one of the famous company coping articles from Ezine and then published it on their website.
They are publishing articles with modification. They are also adding their website links on author bio and articles content.
I want to know your opinion. What you think, please post your comment, itís right or wrong.
Google will eventually see that if they really just copied it from ezine. However, I just double check on what Google will do about it.

Quote:
* Minimize similar content: If you have many pages that are similar, consider expanding each page or consolidating the pages into one. For instance, if you have a travel site with separate pages for two cities, but the same information on both pages, you could either merge the pages into one page about both cities or you could expand each page to contain unique content about each city.

Duplicate content on a site is not grounds for action on that site unless it appears that the intent of the duplicate content is to be deceptive and manipulate search engine results. If your site suffers from duplicate content issues, and you don't follow the advice listed above, we do a good job of choosing a version of the content to show in our search results.
source: http://www.google.com/support/webmas...n&answer=66359
Old 07-14-2009, 11:36 PM

Default re

Thanks for the info. Great work keep it up.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Hello,

The thing is, it's hard to know if they took them or they paid someone for unique articles and bought them in good faith thinking they owned the rights to them. That happened to me once, i bought a whole bunch of "unique articles" and it turned out the person just copied them from Ezine and made some simple edits and sold them to me.

Personally i'd contact them, let them know you are the copyright holder of the articles and by not citing you as the author they are infringing on your work. Then give them the option to remove the offending content from their site, or restore it to it's original form including attribution links to comply with your copyright.

Tell them you would prefer to reach a mutual agreement without needing to lodge a DMCA Form with their hosting provider.

If you do this 99% of the time they will just comply, because they would know if you file a DMCA with their host then the web host "must" suspend the site by law.

Always contact the site owner first and give them a chance, never report them first because they "may" not even know they are your articles so it's best to give people the benefit of doubt.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:23 PM

Arrow

I tried to contact them, but i didn't reply from their site. If you are submitting your articles on ezine then you must check your articles here. May be your articles are also copied by that seo company http://www.topseos.com/articles
Old 07-16-2009, 02:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I tried to contact them, but i didn't reply from their site. If you are submitting your articles on ezine then you must check your articles here. May be your articles are also copied by that seo company http://www.topseos.com/articles
I just took a look, it seems those guys don't publish articles themselves they have an article directory and allow others to submit. See here: http://www.topseos.com/articles/add-your-article

So it looks like someone took your articles from Ezine, modified them and resubmitted them there. That's basically what i mentioned before, the owner of the site displaying your article may not have knowledge about it being taken.

Topseos.com really should answer you though and fix the problem, they are responsible for the content on their site.

I would contact them again, and make sure you include a link to your articles on Ezine so topseos.com can see the date published to confirm your the owner. Request them to either remove the articles, or restore your links and credit you as the author.

Let us know what happens.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:53 AM

if google found that they really copied the article from ezine, they will banned this site.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:17 AM

if google found that articles are copy from ezine, they will banned this site.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:26 AM

Google will surely penalizes for copy content......... you people don't need to worry about it......
Top SEO Tool
Harvester and Mass Blog Commenter
Blog Comment Software

Tools