Go Back   Web Design & SEO Company > SEO

SEO Search Engine Optimization, this section lists articles and tutorials on Search Engine Optimization for various Search Engines including Google, Yahoo & MSN. We provide SEO hints, tips and other free goodies to help you optimize your site and to start ranking well in the Search Engines.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:39 AM
Administrator

Default Free Keyword Sniper SEO Tool

Are you still manually visiting Google's Keyword Tool and looking up profitable keywords when doing SEO, then searching the SERP's to size up the sites ranking for those keywords? How about jumping between several tools to find stemmed or variations to build up your keyword list and competitive data?

Nah forget it, that's old school we have cool applications to do all that now days. I've written about Micro Niche Finder which is a great tool, but many people don't have the almost $100 to invest to get started.

How about a free tool?

Introducing Keyword Sniper

Matt Harward has built a brilliant application called Keyword Sniper "and" he's generous enough to give it away free, no strings attached, no opt-in and get spammed for life system either which is refreshing to see these days. He does state free "for now" so i don't know how long it will be available to download, so it would be wise to seize the opportunity while it exists.

Anyhow lets take a look:

Sorry about the big 200kb image, but it's hard to show off it's coolness and fit everything in with a thumbnail.

As you can see it connects to the Google Adwords tool and pulls the usual data like CPC, Search Volume etc but it has a ton of other features packed under the hood. See the keywords on the left with a plus symbol, clicking on them pulls up the sites in the organic search.

I've had to remove columns to fit things in but:

I've expanded the term "Internet Marketing" and as you can see, the sites ranking organically are listed below with clickable URL's. Now in the columns you can see Results Pages Broad, Exact and Title.
  • Results Pages (Broad) - Number of results for Internet Marketing no quotes
  • Results Pages (Exact) - Number of results for "Internet Marketing" in quotes
  • Results Pages (Title) - Number of results for intitle:Internet Marketing

The one i especially take note of is the allintitle because the Title is really the single biggest on-page factor, pages with this element reflect the actual "competition" quite well. There are caveats, such as single words and acronyms example "SEO" has 14.5 Million compared to 2.75 Million for "Internet Marketing" but i can assure you "SEO" isn't seven times harder than "Internet Marketing".

(Unrelated note, i've finally dropped out of the Top #20 results for "SEO" for the first time in 2 years since my *ahem* server problem)

Anyhow Keyword Sniper also allows you to build keyword lists, add pretty granular query filters, launch queries from your browser and yes it even covers Bing so it's up to date.

Actually this tool is like a Swiss Army Knife, there is a multitude of menu's and configuration options you can't see from the screenshots. So i cannot stress this enough, you absolutely need to watch Matt's video on how to use the tool in order to get the most out of it.

Probably the only 2 things i'd like to see in it yet, is Yahoo backlinks for the top ranking sites which is great for working out "what sort of link equity do i need for front page" and possibly a version number and a "Check for Updates" button because Keyword Sniper is still evolving.

I've posted about free SEO tools before, but Keyword Sniper is worth money Matt has done a fantastic job. It's got almost all the functionality you need for knocking together keyword lists and sizing up the competition, it's wrapped up in a very polished user interface and the price right now is FREE.

Top SEO Tool
Harvester and Mass Blog Commenter
Blog Comment Software

Old 07-15-2009, 06:51 AM
Administrator

Also i just want to add, i did want to post more about the tool and more screenshots but i wrote this to fill in time while i waited for my other half to get home.. and ran out of time so sorry the last part is rushed.

The other thing, i encourage you to leave Matt a comment on his blog if you find his tool useful "plus" go read his other stuff. His site is a bit on the ugly side (sorry Matt) but he knows his stuff. He also has some other free tools which are quite useful.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Taree VIP

yo, thanks for this, downloaded lastnight and had a quick look and it looks pretty good
Old 07-18-2009, 01:10 PM

Great. I'm looking for such a tool

Last edited by chithanh119; 08-04-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:45 AM

Smile

It looks good,you know i hate to search keyword,but i need to do it.Now,maybe this one could help me,thank you.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:35 AM

Default Free Keyword Sniper SEO Tool

WOW pretty cool post.thanks for this link.

.NET Application Development | Business logo design | Brochure design service | Hire .Net developer
Top SEO Tool
Harvester and Mass Blog Commenter
Blog Comment Software

Tools