Go Back   Web Design & SEO Company > Taree Internet Support

Taree Internet Support After sales support for existing Taree Internet customers. This section is limited to clients, and is for providing after sales support. [Requires Membership]

Old 05-20-2009, 07:00 PM

Default Spam Posts on the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Schulz View Post
Seems like a few people ignored the post with the big bold letters.

I suggest you read it, because it contradicts everything you guys are saying.
I'm not sure but I think sweetfunny has an auto forum here, thus so many of these replies all around the forums.
Top SEO Tool
Harvester and Mass Blog Commenter
Blog Comment Software

Old 05-20-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnS0N View Post
I'm not sure but I think sweetfunny has an auto forum here, thus so many of these replies all around the forums.
I know for a fact he doesn't. It's just a number of people slamming the forum with pointless posts. (Don't believe me? I clean them up all the time on another, far more popular forum I moderate.)
Old 05-21-2009, 05:31 AM

If he doesn't he oughta reinforce the rules. Most of the replies are useless, thus they interfere with the possibility of others making better contributions.

Sitepoint is a pretty good example yes.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:42 AM

We're working on a solution over there. I can't go into detail, though. You'll just have to trust me.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Oh believe me, i've built auto-forums before and the generated replies are typically +400 words, grammatically correct and contain really useful info.. Because lets face it, if you're going to scrape content you choose "good" content. So no, this isn't an auto-forum.

Quote:
If he doesn't he oughta reinforce the rules. Most of the replies are useless, thus they interfere with the possibility of others making better contributions.
I do enforce the rules, i just calculated it and 23% of the registered users here have been banned. It's a bit hard to ban people for spelling mistakes or short posts for instance, if i did i would have to ban you because you just spelled "oughta" wrong and have made sub 20 word posts. I would have to ban myself also, because i spell bad at times too.

Do i ban people for being clueless, spelling every second word wrong or just writing a single sentence?

Do i firewall the whole of India because that's where 95% of the spam routes back to, and block out the 5% of good people?

I don't know, that's a tuff one but personally i'd rather give people a chance.

So i do delete a ton of posts/threads plus ban people, the problem is the Pagerank of the site. I've got actual "threads" here that are PR5 and people decide to spam them up and are to dumb to realize they are Nofollow. I've got no problem letting people have Dofollow signatures if they contribute like i've done here for the Wordpress Uploaders.

If only Google would let me "switch off" Pagerank without effecting traffic or rank, i'd do it and it would solve a lot of the problems.

Oh also, i "do" have a bot here that auto bans users for stuff like duplicate accounts and spammy posts working off keyword densities and scores but it's only set fairly mild to avoid false positives. It is running great, but stuff still slips through.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:47 AM
Administrator

This is how determined people are to link spam, the thread was started by one of the bots i have running and all these accounts were make by the one person over the span of a few months. They switched out IP's and went to great lengths to drop links for everything from Golf Sites to their "Expert India SEO Company" all sitting on the same crappy Windows server.

Bunch of technical data cut off

They are all banned, so it may seem like nothing is enforced.. but it is.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:55 PM
Administrator

I have split these from the Social Bookmarking thread, as i believe this deserves it's own thread.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:37 PM

Spam is really very ridiculous . . . .
Top SEO Tool
Harvester and Mass Blog Commenter
Blog Comment Software

Tools