Go Back   Web Design & SEO Company > Taree Internet Support

Taree Internet Support After sales support for existing Taree Internet customers. This section is limited to clients, and is for providing after sales support. [Requires Membership]

Old 09-24-2009, 01:56 AM
Administrator

Default Sorry about the Downtime

Over the last 12 hours or so there was big problems accessing the site.

During a server move from the Caro Datacenter to the Rackspace Datacenter, an upgrade to PHP/MySql was done at the same time which was a bad move on my hosts behalf. Murphy's law dictates there would be problems, and indeed there was.

Anyhow everything is transitioned and working now, Caro DC has been good for the past 3 years and hopefully the new Rackspace server will offer the site even better speed and stability for years to come.

Thanks everyone.
Top SEO Tool
Harvester and Mass Blog Commenter
Blog Comment Software

Old 09-26-2009, 07:17 AM
Administrator

Unfortunately my hosts promises that the new hardware and datacenter would ensure better availability have not been met after 10 hours down time again today.

10 hours for a simple MySql reboot isn't good enough as far as i'm concerned, so Taree Internet will be moving hosts within the next few hours which may results in some new posts not showing up as the DNS resolves.

I've been with the current host 3 years, but things are going down hill there and it appears support has been cut back from 24/7 to just "on call" after hours which can only spell disaster.

So the site may be down again soon as the move is done.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:08 AM
Administrator

I've just finished transferring the site over to the new server at DowntownHost.com there was no downtime.

The DNS may bounce back and forwards between the old and new servers over the next few hours, but because i've left copies of the files on the old server the site will always be up.

Hopefully this is the last of the bad luck.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:02 PM

No problem, is good to hear that everything is ok now!

Top SEO Tool
Harvester and Mass Blog Commenter
Blog Comment Software

Tools